Oxfordshire SCB logo

OxfordshireSafeguarding Children Board Procedures Manual

Reporting Concerns

If you are concerned about a child's welfare or worried they are being abused and there is an immediate safeguarding concern, you can make a referral to the Multi Agency Safeguarding hub.

The contact details are on the OSCB website along with the referral form. More information on how to make a referral, see Referrals Procedure.

If you are unsure whether to make a referral you can contact the Locality and Community Support Service (LCSS) and request a 'no names' consultation (meaning you don't give the child's name). You can then discuss the situation with them and they will advise you on what to do next. If a referral needs to be made they will advise you of this. Look on the OSCB website for contact details.

If you are unsure the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board Procedures Manual will be able to help guide you or the Threshold Guidance which tells you which types of services a family may need to get support

Alternatively you can call ChildLine for advice on 0800 1111 or email them by visiting www.childline.org.uk


What to do if you're worried a child is being abused: Advice for practitioners